Guru BrahmaNand Ji Govt. Polytechnic Nilokheri is one of the premier Technical
Institution in the country with an international repute. The Institute is situated at a
distance of 143 Km. from Delhi on National Highway-I towards north. This Institute
was originally located at Rasool (West Punjab) as Govt. school of Engg.
partition, it was shifted to Chhachrauli (Distt. Yamunanagar) and subsequently to
Nilokheri in 1951. Nilokheri Polytechnic, Nilokheri established by the Govt. of India
in 1947, was already in existence.
Both these institutes kept running
simultaneously till 1958 when these were merged on recommendation of Govt. of
India and named as Punjab Polytechnic, Nilokheri with the reorganizing of the
State on November 1,1966, this institute was renamed as Haryana Polytechnic,
Nilokheri, it was again renamed as Govt.
Polytechnic Nilokheri, and recently it is
reanmed as Guru BrahmaNand Ji Govt. Polytechnic Nilokheri.
The Institute has been conducting three years Diploma Programs in Conventional
field such as Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engg. till 1975.
But to keep pace
with Emerging Technology and market demand latest courses have been added.
At present the Institution is running 6 diploma programmes. The Institute comes
first on choice of both the admission seeker and employers.
QUALITY POLICY AND OBJECTIVES OF INSTITUTE:
As a guiding team, we are committed to produce industrial need based skilled manpower having unique entrepreneurship quality with upgrading and updating the knowledge and skill of our faculty as well as supporting staff and modernizing the facilities
- It is ensured that the quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels by conducting awareness programmes.
- Quality Policy is displayed in the institute appropriately to act as constant guide for personnel.
- To enhance the core competence of the faculty and support staff through IEP and STC.
- To achieve and sustain reputation in quality.
- To produce industry oriented manpower.
- To develop and implement Learning Materials as per the need of industry.
- To improve quality on continuous basis through feedback from industry and students.
- To motivate students through rewards, periodic personality development & entrepreneurship programmes.
- To share the modern and sophisticated equipment of our labs and workshops with the industry for their optimum use and providing the students an industrial exposure.
- To strengthen the institute and generate resources by undertaking testing and consultancy work.
- To upgrade and maintain laboratory facilities.
- To increase number of placements through campus interviews from reputed companies offering better package.
- To generate the feeling of more belongingness for the institute and enhance the ethical status.
- To reduce the failure and dropout rate.