• To provide a high quality education that prepares students for success in civil engineering practice and advanced studies.
• To provide value based engineering education.
• To produce leaders in the field of Civil Engineering along with its subgroups at graduate, post-graduate and doctoral level, so as to be able to serve the society competently, collaboratively and ethically as Planners, designers, constructors and operators of the built environment.
• To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academic and industry.
• To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.